Oh my goodness... I cannot stop playing this game for some reason. Even though you can "Only Live Once" if you don't allow them to save cookies you can play more than once. The thing that makes this game so intriguing is what happens at the end? Do you... get prosecuted for killing the innocent in the castle? Do you get charged with stealing his money? Does the pink lizard guy get charged for kidnapping and all is well? In the end who wins?
Interesting idea for a game, even though the game play is rather simple, its the concept of what the game is built around is what is interesting.
So if you Lived once and you can't play again, no matter how you try, here's a complete play through:
So i got sick of trying and just watched the video. I was kind of right, but still an interesting concept. I guess the fun in this game is the "wonder" of what would happen if I didn't die, or what would happen if something else killed me besides falling in a pit.
Wonderment = replayability
What was fun in Left 4 Dead 2 demo:
- Melee weapons. It's fun to just trap yourself in a corner and rock and chop zombies in to pieces. AKA Feeling like a badass.
- New 'Arena' parts in levels. 'Arena' parts are the areas where you're trapped at fighting a horde of zombies while a gate opens or waiting for the boat to arrive, etc. The one in the demo was exiting a car and setting off an alarm. You have to run through this maze of fences to get to the top of this scaffolding to turn the alarm off. Oh man, it was intense and oodles of fun!
What wasn't fun:
- Playing with other people who don't know what they are doing, or are wasting time doing other things. Probably wouldn't be a problem if I was playing with people I know.
- Making the player feel like a bad ass = fun.
- Putting the player in intense moments = fun.
- Playing with people without communication != fun.
That's it for the first Fun Analysis page! It's hard to write these "fun analysis" pages, because it's supposed to be more about what is fun rather than what I like about a game. I often found myself typing what new things I liked about the game. I plan to do more of these in the future, so stay tuned!
- Weekly photos (how about Photo Friday?)
- 2 movies a year
- 4 interactive projects a year
- Blog posts on what I find fun/not fun in new games I play. I want to do this to explore what makes games fun or not fun.
- Maybe some cooking stuff?
- Stuff I find on the internet (via google reader)
- Quick movie recommendations.
- Rants, raves, and news in my life.
Looks like the Left 4 Dead demo didn't come out today. So I won't have a blog post about it, but it looks like it will come out tomorrow, so I'll have one then.