Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 10:04AM
Blog is back!
After getting a little free time and some motivation, the blog is fully functional again!
This year I have a few resolutions
- One of them is to get back to blogging my photos and some of my game development adventures.
- Work on a side project (more on this later)
- Another one is to get back to taking photos.
- Update the website with the stuff I've been working on the past few years
- Cook more.
- Eat somewhere new 1-2 times a month
- Make a movie. (something, a trailer, a short film, commercial, anything...)
- Get better at soccer.
Back to the side project thingy. So I bought myself a raspberry pi (http://raspberrypi.org) The idea for me is to have a cheap computer that maybe could turn into a basic game console. I've got myself a series of goals to do with this thing.
- Get Linux running on it with Raspbian
- Second, get a version of XBMC running on it
- Third start some basic game dev using Pi3D or some other language to get more familiar with OpenGL ES 2.0 and it's shader system
- Lastly, if either someone beats me to it or I do it myself write some really low level stuff to make this thing in to a "game console" like system. Then start writing a multi platform engine around it.
So the last one is a biggie, but sounds like a lot of fun. It'll be great getting back into C/ASM and trying to figure out how the hardware works and develop something where you have to take everything into mind.
Anyway, I'll be posting everything I do with the Pi on my blog. So expect a new post on setting this thing up sometime this weekend!